Convenient for desktop use, this Ansmann PC V universal battery recharger boasts an eye-catching silver and black quality design with smooth rounded edges.
The main features of this versatile and cost-effective Photo Cam V charger are:
- microprocessor-control and individual management of each Micro AAA, Mignon AA, Baby C or Mono D battery.
- designed for simultaneous use with up to four NiCD and Ni-MH rechargeable cells.
- charges one 9V E-block too.
- capacity quick test.
- multiple overcharge and reverse polarity protection.
- trickle charging.
- charge progress and status displayed by four LEDs.
- requires a 100V to 240 Volt AC mains supply; can also be used worldwide with a suitable plug adapter (widely available).
- automatic full battery charge detection (using -deltaV) for round cells.
Rapid initial capacity tests are automatic for round batteries, before charging at 200 to 800mA/h depending on battery type and quantity. The microcontroller then switches from standard to trickle current as each cell approaches full charge. In contrast, the approximate total charge time for 9V blocks has to be calculated manually from the charging current of 15mA.
Unit dimensions are 170 by 155 by 55 millimetres, with a weight of 439 grammes. The PhotoCam 5 charger comes with a 1.8-metre power cord, a manual and a three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Please note that some charging slots on this charger are battery size specific. This means a variety of battery sizes will be required to achieve the advertised maximum capacity.