This Powerline 4 Zero Watt plug-in battery charger charges up to four AA or AAA size cells at once. Ideal for travelling, the charging unit comes with an instruction manual as well as a three-year guarantee and the following features:
- individual LEDs for each battery slot, designed to display progress at a glance.
- individual cell supervision.
- faulty cell detection.
- automatic full charge detection.
- overcharge protection.
- a safety timer.
- a sturdy, high quality aluminium rounded rectangular housing.
- an attractive matte black finish.
- UK and EU compatible plugs, offering worldwide portability.
On sensing that battery charging is complete, the advanced internal circuitry isolates the mains power connection. It is for this reason that the unit is described as a zero-watt charger and has no standby power consumption.
The Powerline 4 battery recharger works with a mains supply of 100 to 240 Volts AC, or a 12V DC vehicle electrical supply via the car adapter and 1.8-metre cable (both supplied). When charging AAA cells, the charger draws a current of 400mA while for AA batteries, recharging occurs at 800mA.
There is also a 5V 1000mA USB socket, suitable for recharging various devices such as smartphones and digital music players. Unit dimensions are 7.0 by 10.6 × 7.8 centimetres, with a weight of 194 grammes.