The Ansmann Powerline 5 Zero Watt LCD battery charger charges up to four cells of sizes AAA, AA, Baby C, Mono D and 9V E block at once, in any combination required. Straightforward to use, the Powerline 5 comes with a three-year warranty and a detailed instruction manual.
Designed to work with both types of rechargeable cells, NiCd and NiMH, the other key features of this versatile charger include:
- a digital display and LEDs for each battery slot, to show progress.
- individual cell supervision, thanks to microprocessor control.
- automatic full charge detection.
- overcharge and faulty cell protection.
- a safety timer.
- a high quality aluminium housing, approximately square in shape with rounded edges.
- an attractive design in a green and matte black finish.
- UK and EU compatible plugs, providing worldwide portability.
Using the quick charging mode, the Powerline 5 automatically delivers the optimum current from 15mA to 1000mA, depending on the size and type of cell(s). As battery charge reaches the maximum, the intelligent control circuitry isolates the mains power connection so that the unit uses no standby power – hence the zero-watt description.
This Ansmann charger requires a mains supply of 100 to 240 Volts AC. The unit weighs 480 grammes and measures 17.0 centimetres (width) by 15.5 centimetres (height), with a depth of 5.0cm.
Please note that some charging slots on this charger are battery size specific. This means a variety of battery sizes will be required to achieve the advertised maximum capacity.