Saft LS26500 C-size primary lithium cells feature the latest battery technology and bobbin-wound construction to provide outstanding performance for their relatively compact dimensions.
The main features of Saft LS26500 C-cells are:
- Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Li-SOCl2) chemistry for high energy density.
- Maximum current capacity of 7.7 A/h, with excellent reliability and a long service life.
- Stable output voltage (nominal 3.6 Volts).
- Continued performance even in extreme heat (maximum 85°C) or sub-zero cold (minimum -60° Celsius).
- Very low self-discharge: less than 1 percent over one year (at 20° Celsius).
- Enhanced safety through the non-flammable electrolyte, hermetic glass-to-metal sealed construction and durable stainless steel battery wall and end caps.
- Non-pressurized at room temperature.
- Superior resistance to humidity.
- Minimal magnetic signature.
Popular applications include meter readers, measuring equipment and sonobuoys as well as industrial and professional electronics.
Based on technical expertise gained from twenty-five years of manufacturing experience, Saft lithium batteries also resist passivation very well. This phenomenon is quite common in lower quality substitutes and can cause a slightly low initial voltage under load while the discharge current curve reaches peak performance.
Saft C-size LS-26500 batteries fully comply with the European RoHS directive, in addition to EN50020 and IEC 86-4 internationally recognised safety benchmarks.
Supplied in single sealed packs, LS 26500 C-cells are also known as Tadiran SL2770/S batteries and measure 26 millimetres in diameter by 50 millimetres in height, with a typical weight of 60 grammes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This C battery is 3.6V which is a higher voltage than common household C batteries. It is only to be in equipment designed for it and will damage equipment requiring regular voltage C batteries. It is NOT RECHARGEABLE and attempting to do so is extremely dangerous.