Thanks to leading edge Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Li-SOCl2) bobbin-wound battery chemistry and a high energy density, Saft LS33600 D-cells provide reliable power. Cell performance is stable over a wide range of operating temperatures, including in extremely hot and cold conditions.
Key features of Saft D-size LS-33600 primary lithium cells include:
- Excellent stability and an extended service life.
- Maximum capacity 17.0 A/h at a nominal 3.67 Volts.
- Hermetically sealed and guaranteed up to temperatures of 110° Celsius.
- Minimum recommended service temperature of -60°C and maximum +85° Celsius.
- A remarkably long shelf life when kept in accordance with manufacturer recommended storage guidelines, due to a very low self-discharge rate of less than 1 percent over twelve months (at 20° Celsius).
- Non-flammable electrolyte.
Frequent uses include security and alarm systems as well as utility metering, marine equipment and sonobuoys. LS 33600 batteries comply with internationally recognised safety standards including IEC 60086-4 and IEC 60079-11.
LS33600 size batteries are also known as Tadiran SL2780/S. Average diameter is 33.4 millimetres and height approximately 61.6 millimetres, with a typical weight of 90 grammes.
Saft lithium batteries have a small magnetic footprint and are resistant to passivation. The phenomenon causes a reduced initial voltage supply under load until the cell discharge approaches peak flow. This characteristic is undesirable in high-performance applications but is commonly the case with some types of cheaper substitute batteries.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This D battery is 3.7V which is a higher voltage than common household D batteries. It is only to be in equipment designed for it and will damage equipment requiring regular voltage D batteries. It is NOT RECHARGEABLE and attempting to do so is extremely dangerous.