Based on up-to-the-minute Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Li-SOCl2) battery chemistry, Saft LSH14 C-cells deliver remarkably high output for their compact size. Special spiral electrodes and a large terminal surface area enable delivery of an effective maximum pulse current of up to 5.5 A/h, at a nominal 3.6 Volts.
Other features and advantages of Saft LSH-14 C-size primary lithium cells are:
- Excellent response and stability for the majority of the battery service life.
- A wide range of operating temperatures: from minus 60° to +85° Centigrade.
- Non-flammable electrolyte.
- A leak proof and gas tight hermetic seal, guaranteed up to 110° Centigrade.
- Non-pressurised construction (at room temperature).
- A long shelf life when stored in recommended conditions; the battery self-discharge rate is less than 3 percent after 1 year of storage at 20° Celsius.
Typical uses include alarms and security systems, navigation beacons and emergency location transmitters, metering, marine sonobuoys, automotive telematics and GPS as well as pipeline inspection, radio communication and military applications. These C-size LHS14 lithium batteries measure 26.2 millimetres in diameter and 50 millimetres in height, with an average weight of 51 grammes.
LSH14 batteries comply with IEC 60086-4 standards; safety features include a hermetic glass-to-metal seal, a built-in pressure vent and an outer cell wall made of corrosion-proof stainless steel.
Important safety note: avoid short circuit connections during assembly and do not under any circumstances attempt to replace the 5 Amp internal fuse or to solder directly to the terminals.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This C battery is 3.6V which is a higher voltage than common household C batteries. It is only to be in equipment designed for it and will damage equipment requiring regular voltage C batteries. It is NOT RECHARGEABLE and attempting to do so is extremely dangerous.