Saft LSH20 D-cells feature the latest lithium thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) battery chemistry. Frequent applications include automatic utility metering, alarms and wireless security devices as well as GPS and location transmitter beacons (ELTs and EPIRBs). LSH-20 batteries are also common in automotive telematics, telemetry, oil exploration in addition to military radios and sonobuoys.
Key benefits of this Saft product include:
- Remarkably high output and stability during most of the cell service life.
- Suitable for use at extreme operating temperatures, with limits of minus 60° or +85° Celsius.
- Peak current capacity of 13.0 A/h at a nominal 3.6 Volts, depending on temperature.
- Pulse power capability of up to 4,000 mA with a maximum recommended continuous current level of 1,800 mA.
- Non-flammable electrolyte with a gas-tight and leak proof hermetic seal.
- A long shelf life when stored in recommended conditions; the self-discharge rate is lower than 3 percent - even after 1 year of storage (at 20° Celsius).
LSH-20 primary lithium D-cells are interchangeable with size codes UM1 and R20, whereas the NATO stock number is 6135-14-440-1213. Each sealed pack contains one new battery of maximum diameter 33.4 millimetres, height 61.6 millimetres and with a typical weight of 100 grammes.
Depending on the device or assembly concerned, some power pack mountings may require thermal safety protection. Beware of accidental short circuit connections during power pack assembly and do not attempt to replace the internal 5.5 Amp fuse or solder directly to the terminals.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This D battery is 3.6V which is a higher voltage than common household D batteries. It is only to be in equipment designed for it and will damage equipment requiring regular voltage D batteries. It is NOT RECHARGEABLE and attempting to do so is extremely dangerous.