Featuring German engineering know-how and the highest standards of quality control, the Ansmann Energy 16 Plus Speed battery charger accepts up to twelve AAA/AA NiCd or Ni-MH cells, six C or D sizes and two 9.0 Volt E-blocks. Microprocessor control circuitry performs a quick initial test and diagnosis. A pre-charge follows for batteries that have neared total discharge, or a refresh sequence followed by the usual charge cycle. During charging, individual cell monitoring and a tri-colour LED on each battery slot indicate progress as well as any fault conditions.
Other design features of this top-quality Ansmann battery maintenance station include:
- a safety timer.
- reverse polarity and over-charging protection (with trickle charge function).
- detection of faulty or non-rechargeable alkaline cells.
- two USB ports (5.0 Volts) for charging mobile devices, etc.
- a quick charge option of up to 1000 mA.
- an attractive rounded exterior, finished in silver and black.
- dimensions: 24.4 by 26.2 by 6.0 centimetres, with a weight of 1.264 kilogrammes.
- power input switchable between 120V and 240V AC, suitable for worldwide travel.
Charging currents vary from 60mA for 9V E-block batteries to 400mA for micro AAA 1.5V and 1000mA for Baby C and Mono D sizes.
The Energy 16 comes with a power cord, an instruction manual and a three-year warranty as standard.
Please note that some charging slots on this charger are battery size specific. This means a variety of battery sizes will be required to achieve the advertised maximum capacity.